Online video study sessions as a DPT student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SALNDPT

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I start PT school this summer and was just curious if any of you ever utilized online video study groups with your classmates on a regular or semi-regular basis, using something like Skype or Hangouts or the like. I'll be living off campus as I'm sure other of my classmates will be, and it seems like using a video study group could be useful when I or other classmates can't be on campus to study together. I was curious to see if any of you have done something like this and, if so, how effective you think it was/could be.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I used it to connect with one other classmate every day for a couple of hours, when we were prepping for the NPTE. It can be quite effective if you have clear objectives for each meeting; otherwise it quickly becomes a BS session where you talk about travel, sports, politics, girls/guys (anything but PT!). We used Teamviewer because you can share your desktop + see each other at the same time.

I would recommend making a discord for your class. Might be weird at first but they are very handy since you can create a variety of channels to type and share different documents and items in (channels for each class and topics). It also has very easy voice chat channels within the server you make which people can use through their PC's or phones and there are screen share options. Only thing you cant do is full video chat but I think the other features make up for it since not everyone will be able to participate all the time in video chats.