Online Writing Course

Started by TSElegans
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TSElegans

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!

Has anyone here taken an online writing course to fulfill a vet school prerequisite?

I'm a Class of 2014 hopeful and need to take another 3 credits in writing composition. (Last minute, I know, I know...) As ridiculous as it sounds, my school only offers one writing course (which I've already taken) and none of the offered English literature courses are "writing-intensive" enough (based on U. Wisconsin's guidelines, meaning graded on at least 60% composition).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
 
UF has a really easy online technical writing class (ENC2210) and you can register year-round I think.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would check out the community colleges in your area. I have taken composition I and II online through the cc near my hometown and it's been great. I think a lot of cc's offer it online nowadays and it's cheaper.
 
Normally I would say take the course at a community college but since this is writing, there really is no need to attend an in person lecture. I don't know about your area but my community college is pretty expensive so I would go with the online one because it saves you time going to class and saves $$!! Just call your schools and make sure they will all accept it.

**misread the above post: agree with online at cc