Only 3 LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Acherona

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was banking on getting a letter from my last neuro elective, but i was unlucky in that i had 3 attendings over the month and didn't get to know any of them. The only attending I had for a full 8 days never said one word to me the entire time (very strange).

Currently I have 2 medicine and 1 neuro letters. Does this look bad to have only 1 neuro? I can maybe beg the clerkship director of the elective to write me one, but it will likely be generic or culled from my eval if he agrees. It's getting late, too. I'm so stressed!

Members don't see this ad.

I was banking on getting a letter from my last neuro elective, but i was unlucky in that i had 3 attendings over the month and didn't get to know any of them. The only attending I had for a full 8 days never said one word to me the entire time (very strange).

Currently I have 2 medicine and 1 neuro letters. Does this look bad to have only 1 neuro? I can maybe beg the clerkship director of the elective to write me one, but it will likely be generic or culled from my eval if he agrees. It's getting late, too. I'm so stressed!

I doubt it'd be that big of a deal as long as the rest of your application is decent.