Only one interview so far....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Itsarainbow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So far this cycle I've applied to about 5, 6 schools and have only heard back one school regarding the interview, Lecom bradenton. I was complete at my most schools back in mid to late November bur haven't seen much movement. I've called most of the schools and keep getting the the same answer; "your app is currently under review". Good news is that I got a DO to write me a LOR this past week and I plan on sending it to school as soon as I get it (only had an MD letter) so far. Do you think that will help my cause? Also regarding my interview, March 3, at that point, am I intreviewing for a seat or a waitlist?

Schools applied:
Touro CA
Touro NV
Lecom Erie
lecom Seton hall
Nova
Atsu Kcom
Lecom bradenton

Stats: 3.43 gpa with upward trend, 513 Mcat. No retakes. Average EC's

Just received a interview from Touro NV

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think your list is fair.. with those stats, my guess is you applied too late in the cycle because you should definitely be getting interviews.. especially from the Touro's.. they love higher MCAT scores. You probably should have applied to a couple safety schools (newer schools.) This is of course assuming your ECs are "average" as you said they were (plenty of clinical experience, shadowing, volunteerism, and maybe some research.)

Not sure about you interviewing for the wait list. Definitely a possibility considering the interview is in march.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Don't know how many schools will review applications a second time if they have already reviewed your application. Added a letter may or may not really help at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would have applied to a lot more schools with those stats. However, you may still stand a good chance at acceptance somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys,

So far this cycle I've applied to about 5, 6 schools and have only heard back one school regarding the interview, Lecom bradenton. I was complete at my most schools back in mid to late November bur haven't seen much movement. I've called most of the schools and keep getting the the same answer; "your app is currently under review". Good news is that I got a DO to write me a LOR this past week and I plan on sending it to school as soon as I get it (only had an MD letter) so far. Do you think that will help my cause? Also regarding my interview, March 3, at that point, am I intreviewing for a seat or a waitlist?

Schools applied:
Touro CA
Touro NV
Lecom Erie
lecom Seton hall
Nova
Atsu Kcom
Lecom bradenton

Stats: 3.43 gpa with upward trend, 513 Mcat. No retakes. Average EC's
It's definitely the late completion of the app. I'm sitting on the same boat. To be fair, Nova hasn't sent any II since Nov.

Thank ya'll for the apply. I've been following the school specific threads and I'm not sure if my application has been viewed. There's some people who's applications have been complete since September, October and are just now getting interviews so I definitely have hope. Touro CA, my top choice, seems to have an average wait time of like 2 and months while Touro NV, complete 12/7, said that they'll let me know in 4-6 weeks. I've given hope up and Nova and Kcom...
And I'm hoping I get some love from Erie and Seton Hill considering that I got love from Brandenton

It is most likely the late app. I would just be patient and see what happens. If you have to reapply then PM me and I can help you with a school list, you have very similar numbers to me.

Definitely don't want to wait another year. I might just go to SGU in carribean if I don't ge in this year

Go to podiatry school before u go carribean. At least u will be a doctor.

Reactions: 1 users
If you've got money to blow and don't care if you potentially fail out go SGU.

Yeah man SGU or Ross will be excellent option for you. I heard lots of good stuff about those schools on this forum, you should definitely apply there.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely don't want to wait another year. I might just go to SGU in carribean if I don't ge in this year

If you go to the carib with a 513 mcat and 3.5 gpa you deserve it.

"It" being the SGU administration sticking their hands in your asswallet and leaving you with a gaping anus and no career

Reactions: 5 users
You got overconfident and didn't apply to enough COMs. People think that just because one factor of their application looks really good like their MCAT that getting an interview or acceptance is close to guaranteed. DO schools turn down a lot of qualified applicants for multiple reasons. This is why you don't leave the entire middle of the map without an application.

What everyone else has already said. You waited too late to apply. Your stats are great for D.O. schools and shouldn't have an issue getting in. I would wait and apply next cycle. Odds are you will have good luck and be fine. In the grand scheme of things, waiting another year is not the end of the world. For all you know, you may get lucky and be accepted this cycle (although I wouldn't bank on it). Don't jump the gun and go Caribbean.

Okay I didn't expect that much hate on SGU. I just thought I can do well enough to be past all the negatives.

Is there a chance that I can still expect an invite from anyone of those schools at this point? And my interview at Bradenton, is it more likely for a seat or the waitlist?

You can apply again this upcoming cycle. I don't understand why you are in such a hurry to start med school.

Okay I didn't expect that much hate on SGU. I just thought I can do well enough to be past all the negatives.

Is there a chance that I can still expect an invite from anyone of those schools at this point? And my interview at Bradenton, is it more likely for a seat or the waitlist?

if you dont get in, get a job for a year and then try again. Your grades are way too good to throw them away in the carib.

Because if I wait another year, I'll be 30 when I graduate and I feel like I would be pushing off marriage and such things like that

Because if I wait another year, I'll be 30 when I graduate and I feel like I would be pushing off marriage and such things like that

That logic doesn't make sense but OK.

I'll be 32 when I graduate.

I'll be graduating from a US school.

Reactions: 2 users
Looking at your old WAMC thread. Why didn't you apply to more DO schools like was suggested?

I still think you may receive another interview with your stats. But best you can do now is REALLY prepare for your Bradenton interview. I had an interview early August there and wasn't quite sure what to expect in a group interview and it through me off a little.

I would also keep checking, frequently, with Bradenton admissions for dates that open up. People cancel interviews pretty often.

You may get married in medical school. There are plenty of people that get together that 1st or 2nd year of school. At this point it's pretty dumb to push something like this just because you'll be 30 when you graduate. Potentially Ruining your life for 365 days is dumb

Just received an interview from Touro NV. I'm hoping I get a couple more, especially from Touro CA and Lecom...

Just received an interview from Touro NV. I'm hoping I get a couple more, especially from Touro CA and Lecom...

You've gotten two interviews after applying way late don't be stupid and go Caribbean. Kill those two interviews and you won't have to worry about it!