Onsite tDPT in NY (NYU or Touro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chocchocfudge

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a foreign educated PT (Master's degree in PT) and trying to get a license in NY state in this year.

I was looking for onsite tDPT program in NY, and there are two.

1. NYU Steinhardt : Doctor of physical therapy for practicing therapists
- 36 credits to graduate
- $1,400 per credit
- GRE

2. Touro collge school of health sciences (bay-shore) : Post-Professional DPT Program
-30 credits to graduate
-$760 per credit
- no GRE

NYU is about twice expensive than Touro it will need more money (cost of living) because of the location.
Also, NYU requires GRE, but Touro doesn't.
I was going to go for Touro because of its cheap tuition, but then I wondered... if I can make up the tuition after getting a better job, why not NYU....

Does NYU have better curriculum, faculties, and school facilities, enough to pay its expensive tuition?? (I cannot tell by their curriculum description at the online site )

I heard students in tDPT take the same classes with DPT (entry-level) in both school, so if you have any knowledge about this, please tell me what are your opinion? which school should I choose?
Will there be difference when getting a job?

Also, please leave comment if anyone here has attended onsite tDPT programs in any school.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Do not go to Touro. I chose Touro because it was the least expensive of my options and it was the biggest mistake of my life. My class started with 34 people and in our 5th semester we are down to 26. They failed almost 25% of the class out by the end of 4th semester. With 1 exception, the staff could not care less about the students. Instead of helping you to succeed they try their hardest every semester to 'weed people out'. Everything is a disorganized mess, which makes succeeding that much harder and the quality of the education in most of the classes is terrible. No one gets the clinical placements they want and the professors are constantly leaving or being fired. Honestly the program is a complete scam. Please invest in a better program, you will not regret it.

OMG... thank you for your reply...
I am shocked...
do you know any about NYU program ?

Do not go to Touro. I chose Touro because it was the least expensive of my options and it was the biggest mistake of my life. My class started with 34 people and in our 5th semester we are down to 26. They failed almost 25% of the class out by the end of 4th semester. With 1 exception, the staff could not care less about the students. Instead of helping you to succeed they try their hardest every semester to 'weed people out'. Everything is a disorganized mess, which makes succeeding that much harder and the quality of the education in most of the classes is terrible. No one gets the clinical placements they want and the professors are constantly leaving or being fired. Honestly the program is a complete scam. Please invest in a better program, you will not regret it.