OOS friendly schools? HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

c014269

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to gather a list of ~12 schools that are OOS friendly. I am an Ohio resident, but would prefer to go elsewhere.

Natural Science major
oGPA: 3.77
sGPA: 3.83
(taking DAT June 6th, expecting a low of: AA 21 PAT 21)
40 hours shadowing
Heavily involved in extracurriculars.
I attend a small, private university so my LOR should be strong.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I think one of the best options for a student who will be financing a significant portion of their education (especially with costs these days) is UConn. The school is reputable and pretty much guarantees instate residency and tuition to OOS students after the first year. The school is competitive for OOS, but definitely OOS friendly. It is one of the closest things an OOS student can have to instate.

I think one of the best options for a student who will be financing a significant portion of their education (especially with costs these days) is UConn. The school is reputable and pretty much guarantees instate residency and tuition to OOS students after the first year. The school is competitive for OOS, but definitely OOS friendly. It is one of the closest things an OOS student can have to instate.

don't they only have like 50 seats though? So even if they are OOS friendly, its not like they are a great OOS school if only about 15-20 ppl get in from OOS.

Temple, Indiana, and Louisville is a very OOS friendly school as well as any private school.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to every single private school.

Do you have the 2013 ADEA guide?

Also, I'll trade my DE residency for your OH.

Look at one of doc toothaches excel sheets, I'm sure he has one that will show OOS percentages at all the schools. But you will want to go to your state school when you see how much private schools or OOS tuition costs.

Any OOS friendly schools in the South? I think that is where I would like to relocate in the future.

Any OOS friendly schools in the South? I think that is where I would like to relocate in the future.

Louisville is one, MUSC accept about 20 OOS however it costs about 400K, as for the rest they most of them only admit 4-5 OOS

Buffalo, VCU, UNLV, western, Temple, Pitt, UDM, Roseman, Minnesota, NYU, Maryland...

Buffalo, VCU, UNLV, western, Temple, Pitt, UDM, Roseman, Minnesota, NYU, Maryland...

Midwestern AZ, Midwestern IL, ASDOH, Louisville, Case Western, Creighton, Marquette, UNE, LECOM, NOVA to add a few more.

Does anyone have any information on Loma Linda, Maryland, or Tennessee?

Loma Linda and Tennessee are a Nono - unless you are faith evangelical descent or from Arkansas respectively...still a few slip in but statistically speaking this is the case.

Thanks everybody! Will post a list along with my DAT scores next week for better advice. Wish me luck!