OOS Question

Started by PreVet_ISU
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PreVet_ISU

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!

Does anyone have an up to date-ish list of the schools that allow OOS students to become IS after first year? I realize I can go to each individual website and search, but some of the info I can't find. I don't want to assume that if it doesn't say then the answer is no.
I want to apply for more than just my IS, but ultimately I would decline an OOS because of debt and I wouldn't want to take up a spot for someone else who deserves it, ya know? Any advice? Thanks

Disclaimer: I've used the search option and can't find what I'm looking for... so if anybody can link me to the right area I can delete this clutter asap 🙂

Thanks so much!!
 
I know that you can no longer claim residency after your first year in Florida. If you look at the "Factors when picking a school" thread, the document that is in there somewhere I think has updates on the schools that no longer do if they did at one point. I hope this helps!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe it is just North Carolina, Ohio, and Missouri
There are also a couple schools with relatively low OOS tuition (Wisconsin comes to mind but I believe that may be changing)

Oh no! What did you hear about Wisconsin?