OOS school list suggestions??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Valyria

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I posted before, but now I am looking at school lists while waiting for verification. I am a CA resident. Undergrad major in genetics with GPA 3.55. My MCAT score was a 29, and I am an URM (Native American & Hispanic). I am thinking of applying to every CA school, but I am looking for suggestions for good OOS schools as well. I was contacted by some, but a few seem way out of my league. I was thinking of the following:

U of Illinois
U Minn
Oakland
NYMC
Albany

Any other suggestions or should I drop any of the ones I'm thinking of??

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would try the CA schools (definitely ANY school that contacted you!) and add the following:

Loyola
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
UVa
U MI
Creighton
ALL new MD programs in NY, CT, VA, MI, PA, FL and AZ
SLU
MCW
MI State
Wake Forest
VCU
The state schools in the Midwest (IA, KS, IU)
Rosy Franklin
ALL DO programs (esp. WesternCOMP and TUCOM-CA)

So, I posted before, but now I am looking at school lists while waiting for verification. I am a CA resident. Undergrad major in genetics with GPA 3.55. My MCAT score was a 29, and I am an URM (Native American & Hispanic). I am thinking of applying to every CA school, but I am looking for suggestions for good OOS schools as well. I was contacted by some, but a few seem way out of my league. I was thinking of the following:

U of Illinois
U Minn
Oakland
NYMC
Albany

Any other suggestions or should I drop any of the ones I'm thinking of??

Thanks!!