Open CA1 positions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

junaidsyed

TandoAdam
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have done one year of PGY1 Surgery and one year for PGY1 medicine, I am looking for CA1 position starting July 2004. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You had better get busy calling and emailing program directors. At this point even if you found a spot, your license for that state likely wouldn't go through in time for you to start working Jul 1st, outside of educational orientation activities (unless you already have a license in that state).

I wouldn't plan on getting a position for 2004. You can try El Paso. They only took one resident through the match (first successful match in a while). The place may rank as less than desirable however.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in a similar position, but I made my decision back in Mid-March. Everyone told me that I would be hard pressed to find a spot, but I did!
So, you never know what can happen.
I started by contacting every program east of the Mississippi and asking if they had any open spots. There is no central listing service of vacancies, so I just copied pages from the ACGME green book to get a list of all the Anesthesia residencies, and started making calls and sending emails.
Good luck to you
:)

UTSouthwestern said:
I wouldn't plan on getting a position for 2004. You can try El Paso. They only took one resident through the match (first successful match in a while). The place may rank as less than desirable however.

I think El PAso's program is shutting down

Freida states that they are accepting applications for PGY2 for this JULY.
Anyone from Seattle know if this is true?

Tollway, they still took a resident through the match so they may be around for a little while longer. Kinda like a sore that won't go away.