dancingdoctor

Dancing since 1985
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
I know that UNC-Greensboro (in NC) has an open enrollment policy. They say "as long as you're breathing, we will accept you" Also, I've come across a statement on this forum saying that Harvard has an open enrollment as well? Is this so??? My stats. are pretty pathetic, but I know that I definitely have much more potential, and I'd love to show this through a post- bacc.; Harvard would be nice :)

responses GREATLY appreciated :D

ValidPoint

10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
dancin doc... this sounds good... could you tell me where you heard this from... cause if its tru, hell i'm saying harvard all the way!

TiggidyTooth

15+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2002
hot town usa
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
It's Harvard EXTENSION. Not as cool as actually getting a degree from harvard UNIVERSITY but I guess you could say you go to harvard and all your friends will think that your really super.

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
TiggidyTooth said:
It's Harvard EXTENSION. Not as cool as actually getting a degree from harvard UNIVERSITY but I guess you could say you go to harvard and all your friends will think that your really super.
When grads of that school go to interviews, the name tag always just reads Harvard University. Some students I met got decent mileage out of this in intimidating others. :laugh:

(and FYI you won't get a degree from a postbac usually).

jms622

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
Boston, MA
Status
Pre-Medical
Law2Doc said:
When grads of that school go to interviews, the name tag always just reads Harvard University. Some students I met got decent mileage out of this in intimidating others. :laugh:

(and FYI you won't get a degree from a postbac usually).

Just an FYI regarding the Harvard Extension program:

If you had an undergrad major that was anything other than science and you haven't taken the traditional pre-reqs, you may be eligible for a part of the Health Careers Program--where you'll earn a Diploma in Premedical Studies: http://www.extension.harvard.edu/2005-06/programs/hcp/diploma/

Not exactly a degree, but more like a "certificate" program. A good option for those of us who have business undergrad degrees :p

oneandonlylo

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2006
Washington, DC
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I agree. In this case, the name is the name. I spent a summer at Harvard Extension a long time ago, and no one ever knows the difference. The reality is that when I applied to undergrad and again when I applied to postbacc programs, I still had the advantage of having a transcript from Harvard show up at the admissions office. Pretty cool... who cares what program it was?