Open house at UMDNJ-SOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOD

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Are there any UMDNJSOM students or prospective med students out there that know about the Annual Open House on April 26? I am planning on attending and want to know what to expect. Are there people I NEED to meet and/or know. I am applying for the 2003 entering class.

Any comments, suggestions or advice would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning on attending the open house. What kind of dress is appropriate? Dr. Wallace in admissions told me that it is very important to go and show interest in the school. i just don't know whether to wear a suit or not .

I was planning on wearing either slacks and a nice shirt or a suit. Just don't go casual :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been to their open house.

You don't need to wear a suit. I have seen people wear shirts and ties, but it isn't like you are going there for an interview. In all liklihood you aren't going to get to talk to anyone in admissions and no one is going to see you who is going to remember you later and say, "Oh he/she wasn't wearing a suit at the open house." Many people there were dressed in regular casual dress. I know I was.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by DOD:
•Hi everyone,

Are there any UMDNJSOM students or prospective med students out there that know about the Annual Open House on April 26? I am planning on attending and want to know what to expect. Are there people I NEED to meet and/or know. I am applying for the 2003 entering class.

Any comments, suggestions or advice would be appreciated!•••••

I am planning to go this Friday with my dad.I took my MCAT there this past Sat .The flyer for their open house says "This may be what you need to get that interview".