Open OMFS PGY2 Position?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lefort321

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any OMFS programs with a current PGY2 spot open or one coming up in July? Would appreciate any leads as I'm currently looking.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
  • Okay...
Reactions: 1 users
I don't know why you are looking but I'm sorry for what you are going through

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Honestly I would not go down the path you are thinking.

I would just try to make the best out of your current situation and residency.

It is an extremely rare event to see a resident transfer programs. I’ve only seen it a handful of times.

Needless to say you need to be in good standing with your current program. If there was theoretically a program with an open spot, they would be contacting your program director and chair about you also. It’s like applying for residency all over again.

Believe me I’ve heard it and seen it all during my time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Usually whispers go out among friends when someone drops and an empty spot is left. Programs have everything to gain by finding someone to jump another ship to fill their spot.

It’s usually not public ally advertised due to the bad publicity, but ask people in person for leads.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks everyone who sent me leads via message!

The majority of places were specifically wanting a PGY-3+ so I’m still looking for July.

If anyone else hears of other open positions please let me know, still on the hunt!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks everyone who sent me leads via message!

The majority of places were specifically wanting a PGY-3+ so I’m still looking for July.

If anyone else hears of other open positions please let me know, still on the hunt!
I hope you find a good place soon and win this. Sorry for what you have to go through!

Reactions: 1 user
seems like omfs NOLA has a chief missing on their page for some reason. Maybe ask them. Anyone know why that guy isn't there anymore?

lsu nola health is missing a chief bro. NOLA is new orleans....