Open PGY-2 Spots

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jive Turkey

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many open PGY-2 spots open up each year? Where can I find a list of them? I matched into Radiology this year, but as I am currently completing an Ophthalmology elective, I find myself having some second thoughts. I wonder if Ophthalmology is still a possiblity after I complete my intern year.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
 
Originally posted by Jive Turkey
How many open PGY-2 spots open up each year? Where can I find a list of them? I matched into Radiology this year, but as I am currently completing an Ophthalmology elective, I find myself having some second thoughts. I wonder if Ophthalmology is still a possiblity after I complete my intern year.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

The number of open PGY-2+ spots are listed on www.sfmatch.org

There aren't many open spots, so you may have to apply to the match again.
 
Jive Turkey, you may have had a small brain infarct. Wait it out my friend. You will soon realize you made the right initial choice.
There is a resident in my program who switched from Optho into
Rads. He could not stand the monotony.