open positions for july 2004 at sfmatch website..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atlas_shrugged

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anybody who has registered plz send me the list of PGY2 neuro progrmas that are going to fill for July 2005.Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Look, it costs money to register. I don't think anyone is going to give that info for free. You're going to have to register at some point. If not you should be able to look up the open positions on the website without paying it.

Ross_neuro said:
Look, it costs money to register. I don't think anyone is going to give that info for free. You're going to have to register at some point. If not you should be able to look up the open positions on the website without paying it.

Well...I guess it shouldn't be any problem for anyone who is going to register for PGY2 neurology 2006...as the case is for all US seniors who are going to apply this year for both PGY1(2005) & PGY2 neuro (2006)...

I just needed the list for PGY2 2005 i.e short match positions..just to have an idea how many & where all the positions are vacant from last match....

Members don't see this ad :)
I had posted this a while back. here is the link:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=111494

atlas_shrugged said:
Well...I guess it shouldn't be any problem for anyone who is going to register for PGY2 neurology 2006...as the case is for all US seniors who are going to apply this year for both PGY1(2005) & PGY2 neuro (2006)...

I just needed the list for PGY2 2005 i.e short match positions..just to have an idea how many & where all the positions are vacant from last match....

USIMGgrad said:
I had posted this a while back. here is the link:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=111494

Hey...are those the only ones left unfilled...I would say the no. is awefully small.....are u sure those are the only ones for "july 2005" to be filled by the next sfmatch?I am surprised coz thats very depressing..I heard that 20 % go unfilled every year which are then filled thru next Match..

There is no point in registering then coz none of it suits me geographically:-(

Any comments from anybody else???????

to USIMGgrad..

I guess the positions which you mentioned are just a few of the ones which went through NRMP....

There is a different list of unfilled positions(for 2005) with Sfmatch which went unfilled in Jan 2004 sfmatch and are now frozen till the next match(Jan'2005) which will fill positions both for 2005(leftover) & 2006.

Ross_neuro said:

I don't think the cost should be a factor. Even if the info was available I don't think you can do anything with it. As far as I know it would be illegal to contact any programs directly. In order to use the information the applicant would have to register with the sfmatch.

blondarb said:
I don't think the cost should be a factor. Even if the info was available I don't think you can do anything with it. As far as I know it would be illegal to contact any programs directly. In order to use the information the applicant would have to register with the sfmatch.

Actually I ain't even sure whether you can access that information after you register now or will it be available later..I dont want to register right now coz
1)If there are no vacancies(PGY2 neuro 2005) in NY/NJ/PA area then I wont register..coz I cant move......& I can't wait for positions starting in 2006.
2) I am joining transitional this July'04 & still deciding whether to pursue Psych or Neuro coz I like both..

Anyways thanks everybody for help...maybe someone who's a;ready registered will be kind enough to pm me if there are vacant positions in NY/NJ/PA.