Opening an Independent Pharmacy

Started by STAR3URY
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

STAR3URY

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know if anyone here owns an independent pharmacy. Now that I have some time off from school, I wanted to read up about independent pharmacy and how things work. I was thinking about getting a job at an Independent pharmacy this summer, but unfortunately I have to work a lot of hours in CVS. Either way, does anyone know any books that I can read about how things are run at an independent pharmacy from a business perspective.

Thanks
 
Checkout the NCPA subforum - it has a lot of information pertaining to opening and/or running an independent.

You can also seek out Doctor M - he is a regular forum contributer who owns and operates an independent in Florida.

As for books - I know the NCPA has a monthly/quarterly magazine - and they would likely have other resources for you to peruse.
 
Checkout the NCPA subforum - it has a lot of information pertaining to opening and/or running an independent.

You can also seek out Doctor M - he is a regular forum contributer who owns and operates an independent in Florida.

As for books - I know the NCPA has a monthly/quarterly magazine - and they would likely have other resources for you to peruse.

Thank you very much for a quick reply and help =D