Opening for PCOM on 12/1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just to let anyone who may be interested know. I just canceled my interview for PCOM - Philadelphia on Thursday, December 1, 2005. I canceled via e-mail so I'm not sure how long for them to process it and open up the spot. But good luck to anyone who is seeking a seat at PCOM - Philadelphia. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for letting us know! What are your stats?

Why did you cancel it, out of curiosity.

My stats aren't great.

MCAT: 24N
Sci: 3.3
Cum: 3.4
But a lot of ECs and most are focused on medical.

I have acceptances elsewhere and another interview closer to home. PCOM seems like a great school and was one of my top choices until I went on my other earlier interviews and the schools left a favorable impression on me. And PCOM is one of the further ones that I applied to from my home.

But good luck to you. :luck: Just remember to relax on the interviews! They're not out to get you :scared: - well, DO at least. I haven't been to the MD one yet. But I'm sure both are just so they can get to know you. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
how long does it take pcom to update their files if something is sent in to them? I sent in my LORs two weeks ago and they're still missing them?

goat said:
My stats aren't great.

MCAT: 24N
Sci: 3.3
Cum: 3.4
But a lot of ECs and most are focused on medical.

I have acceptances elsewhere and another interview closer to home. PCOM seems like a great school and was one of my top choices until I went on my other earlier interviews and the schools left a favorable impression on me. And PCOM is one of the further ones that I applied to from my home.

But good luck to you. :luck: Just remember to relax on the interviews! They're not out to get you :scared: - well, DO at least. I haven't been to the MD one yet. But I'm sure both are just so they can get to know you. :D

Thanks for the reply. My stats are similar, but the other way around, my MCAT is pretty low and my GPAs are pretty decent. PCOM is my #1 choice (partially due to its location) and I am really hoping for an interview.

Dec. 1st seems to be a popular interview day, that's when WVSOM invited me to interview as well (but I declined.)

nrddct said:
how long does it take pcom to update their files if something is sent in to them? I sent in my LORs two weeks ago and they're still missing them?

It takes them about 2 weeks. In my case anyways. But good luck!

Dr Trek 1 said:
Thanks for the reply. My stats are similar, but the other way around, my MCAT is pretty low and my GPAs are pretty decent. PCOM is my #1 choice (partially due to its location) and I am really hoping for an interview.

Dec. 1st seems to be a popular interview day, that's when WVSOM invited me to interview as well (but I declined.)

I think you should be fine. DO schools really do stick to their philosophy about looking at the "whole" applicant. So good luck. I had one at the Georgia campus, and if it's reflective of the Philadelphia one, then just relax and be yourself. I'm sure you'll do well. Don't give up hope yet. Hope you get into PCOM - Philly :) :luck:

Thanks! It would certainly be a fantastic Christmas present to get an interview at PCOM. Still waiting for that letter!

Good luck to you too and keep us posted:-D I'm sure you will get into plenty of places.