Openings/salary in malignant heme

Started by Mir2zapine
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mir2zapine

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a 1st year fellow and am really really enjoying malignant heme. What is the job market like for BMT/cell therapy? Leukemia? Lymphoma? Myeloma? It's challenging to find anything about openings/salary for these positions. TIA!
 
I'm a 1st year fellow and am really really enjoying malignant heme. What is the job market like for BMT/cell therapy? Leukemia? Lymphoma? Myeloma? It's challenging to find anything about openings/salary for these positions. TIA!

When I applied in 2020 pre covid it was very hit or miss when it came to specialized mal heme positions. I was specifically looking for leukemia positions and there weren’t many options. Now I think it’s a bit better as there has been a fair amount of turnover in the last 18 months at a lot of academic centers.

If you’re looking at/for hybrid, satellites of academic centers, or pp and are not geographically limited options are plentiful. The more sub-specialized you want to be and the more geographically restricted you are the harder it is to find a job (though this last part should be fairly obvious).

Salary for academic is ~250-300k
Academic satellites ~300-350k (less specialization)
Hybrid ~350-400k
Pp ~400-500k

Don’t take what I say as gospel others can probably weigh in on their experiences as well
 
HCT/cell therapy/malignant Heme here, agree with what whoknows said

From my job search last year

Academics: 180-250 base, some places have RVU based compensation that would take 180 base to about mid high 300s (once hitting RVU target). It’s all somewhat opaque to me

Hybrid 300-500

Didn’t look at private practices but anecdotally heard higher pay