Ophthal programs that offer H1B

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lujcpassion

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody has any pooled list or information of ophthalmology residency programs that offer H1B Visa to foreign nationals graduating from American medical schools?

Also, for international applicants in general - did you contact each program to find out their policy on Visas?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i think someone posted a list last year!

Last edited:
What is h1d visa exactly? Can you tell me a little more abot it? I am international, but I have never heard of any such list. What is it? Is it the same as green card? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
You have to contact each program.

In general, larger universities/institutions with large international offices have more of the resources in place to sponsor H1B. Many of the top ten programs sponsored H1b visas when I applied in 2005. However it is more work and stress for the program. Smaller programs and state universities are less likely to sponsor H1B.

Canadian graduates in general are not considered IMGs as Canadian schools are LCME accredited. Canadian graduates do not need an ECFMG certificate. Immigration status and permission to work are separate issues, however, as you still need work permission.