Ophthalmology Interview Share Hotels?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gregoryhouse

Head of the Department of Diagnostic Medicine
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I would try to see if anyone is interested in this. Interviews are expensive and the cost of flying + hotels + rental car + etc adds up. I am hoping that there will be interviewees who would like to get together and share part of the cost by sharing a room, rental car, etc.

So I'll get it started and if anyone is interested can add on to the list or reply if you are interested in sharing costs for any of the following dates:

Program: Date
Yale: 11/12
Detroit: 12/5
San Antonio: 12/9

Members don't see this ad.

San Antonio hotels are cheap. Look at the no name hotels, too. Also know that traffic in San Antonio moves fast so no need to stay near the hospital.

If you are renting a car, also check air fares to Toledo, Ohio, not only Detroit.

San Antonio hotels are cheap. Look at the no name hotels, too. Also know that traffic in San Antonio moves fast so no need to stay near the hospital.

If you are renting a car, also check air fares to Toledo, Ohio, not only Detroit.

Thanks for the advice. I've also been looking at airbnb for some places.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone going to CPMC interview on 11/21? Just received an email from the program coordinator about a hotel deal at Joie de vivre. I checked the rate on 11/20 and a double double room is the same price at $109/night. Wondering if anyone is interested in sharing a room to cut interview expense?

Anyone going to CPMC interview on 11/21? Just received an email from the program coordinator about a hotel deal at Joie de vivre. I checked the rate on 11/20 and a double double room is the same price at $109/night. Wondering if anyone is interested in sharing a room to cut interview expense?
Im interested! Pm you

Northwestern 11/4
Mayo 11/8
U Louisville 11/12 + 11/13
UC Davis 11/18
Med College Georgia Augusta 12/2
Mass Eye and Ear 11/21

Last edited:
I also recommend hotwire.com for hotels. They are cheapest if you book them a few days before your stay - they'll be on sale.

Anyone flying in to cedar rapids for the 10/28 iowa interview and want to split a ride from/to the airport? Arriving Thursday 230 PM, leaving Saturday 6 AM---- PM me if interested.

Anyone going to UT Galveston for interview on 11/9? I'm trying to book a room at the hotel the coordinator mentioned. I just checked online and a 2 double bed room is $99 per night and is the same as the agreement rate with the ophthalmology program. Anyone wants to share the room? Please PM me. Thank!

For those interviewing at Tulane on 11/17, anyone interested in sharing a room the night before at the Holliday Inn that the coordinator mentioned is within walking distance? Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks!

How far is the walk - might still wanna uber that lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I checked before I booked. It's about a 10 minute walk

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Why don't you guys try Airbnb?! It's way cheaper than any hotel.

Yeah I normally go with a Airbnb but for some reasons everything in he vicinity of Tulane are pretty pricey.