Ophtho. elective grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medonly

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be finishing an ophtho elective on the 26th of Aug. and it is unlikely I will have the grade in th transcript by CAS deadline. Just wanted to know if this will be a problem and whether I should mention it in CAS application.
Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

The ophtho grade is critically important... Most attendings are anal-ish and will only reward those who have demonstrated hard-work, yada yada yada and particular promise the all-elusive A... Getting a satisfactory grade along with a satisfactory letter or recommendation is a definate blow to any chance to matching in the field. So bust-ass and get the grade in early... Get your attending to fill the eval early by a week or two if need be to ensure this.

Thank you for your message. I already have completed an ophtho elective and have an Honors grade in that. Just wanted to know if it is crucial to have this grade in CAS too. The grade will be out with dean's letter anyway

Members don't see this ad :)
My school is awful at posting grades so there is absolutely no way I can post my away elective grades in time. Does anyone else also believe this will hurt my app? I am assuming I got honors. Ophtho rotations don't really seem that hard and it really doesn't seem like the attendings are evaluating you that much. I guess I was under the assumption that the grade wouldn't matter that much since I did pick up a letter on the roation. I had enough trouble getting my third year grades posted so I really don't think I stand much of a chance to get these away grades up.

My transcript is missing a grade for an ophthalmology elective that I took in April, because the course director has not bothered to submit it to my school yet. Should I go ahead and submit my application without that? Or will that look really silly?

APRIL???? I don't know your exact situation, Basil, but if I were you, I would remind anyone who has any power over this that you would really like that grade. It seems ludicrous that it has taken this long and I think programs you are applying to might think the same thing.

Good luck!!!
Lily

basil said:
My transcript is missing a grade for an ophthalmology elective that I took in April, because the course director has not bothered to submit it to my school yet. Should I go ahead and submit my application without that? Or will that look really silly?