Ophtho Rotation Grade?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ophthodude

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't do my first ophtho rotation until July and it always takes 1-2 months for any of my grades to come in. Considering I have to send in my application in early August, I see it being very unlikely that I'll have the grade on my app. Is this an issue?

I thought your ophtho rotation grade was a big deal, but I feel many ppl are in my situation. How can that grade be important if many ppl don't even have that grade in? From my understanding, you can only update your SFmatch with a new Step 2 score or contact information later on...not new grades. So, is this a problem?

Members don't see this ad.

I can't do my first ophtho rotation until July and it always takes 1-2 months for any of my grades to come in. Considering I have to send in my application in early August, I see it being very unlikely that I'll have the grade on my app. Is this an issue?

I thought your ophtho rotation grade was a big deal, but I feel many ppl are in my situation. How can that grade be important if many ppl don't even have that grade in? From my understanding, you can only update your SFmatch with a new Step 2 score or contact information later on...not new grades. So, is this a problem?

I'm not sure the ophtho rotation grade is that important. Was never asked about mine and I did not honor it as a senior.

I don't think it matters. At my school Ophtho is within the surgical subspecialties rotation and not a separate grade anyway. I didn't finish my senior elective in Ophtho until after I had sent in my app, but I did get back comments in time to have them included in my Dean's letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ophtho letter of recommendation is more important.

Ophtho letter of recommendation is more important.