1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

ophtho rotation grades

Discussion in 'Ophthalmology: Eye Physicians & Surgeons' started by sisyphus22, Aug 2, 2006.

1. sisyphus22

sisyphus22 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    is a high pass (not honors) grade in an away rotation likely to kill your chances of matching at that program? I got a so-so eval from the residency program director (nothing negative, but very short), but she had minimal contact with me during the rotation. the eval was based entirely on my experiences with the residents, all of whom i got along well with. do you only get interviewed at a program if you blew them away during the rotation? coincidentally, i have a great step 1 and will likely be AOA, but won't have any other ophtho rotation grades on my transcript.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. monkey7247

monkey7247 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Just apply broadly and cross your fingers. :thumbup:

4. Jokestr

Jokestr Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Being AOA and having a "great" step 1 score, you should get many interviews assuming no obvious "red flags" on your app. But still apply broadly, as it never hurts to apply to a lot of programs. After that, the rest of the app(LORs, research, Evals from 3rd/4th yr etc) and your personality during the interview will determine the rest.