Ophtho-specific research needed?

Started by davidxavi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

davidxavi

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an M3 trying to make a late switch from derm to ophthalmology. I had a great research mentor and have published multiple first author papers in dermatology, but don't have anything in ophthalmology. Would it be worth taking a research year slash how important is field-specific research for ophthalmology?

I promise I tried to search for an answer and couldn't find a consensus/clear answer!
 
Try to see if some ophtho residents have a case report or two for you to help out with, but I wouldn't be too worried about it with your derm research publications. A research year would be way over the top and not necessarily boost your app from what you already have.