Opinion on ExtraCurriculars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc2019

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So... the school's semester is already beginning to start and I wanted to know your opinions on what kind of ExtraCurriculars I'm doing next year. You see I'm planning on joining my university's Paper, EMS Organization, Badminton Team, and run for a position in my school's government. I want honest opinions. Is this too much for a Pre-Med freshman?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
sounds like a lot to start. would recommend starting with a couple and then adding more of these activities as you establish how much time you can spend on ECs given what your course load is like. you can ramp up so that by the time you apply, you'd be involved in all this but there's no need to rush and join everything right off the bat.

Reactions: 1 users
How about working on your study habits first?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't crash your freshmen year, it's only going to get harder.

Reactions: 1 user
Attend the first meeting then decide if you want to stay involved in them.

I would limit myself to two, then join spring semester once you've aced your first ever college semester.

Ok thank you so much for all the advice people!

Only you can answer this.

But I suspect that you're biting off way more than you can chew. You're not in high school anymore.

So... the school's semester is already beginning to start and I wanted to know your opinions on what kind of ExtraCurriculars I'm doing next year. You see I'm planning on joining my university's Paper, EMS Organization, Badminton Team, and run for a position in my school's government. I want honest opinions. Is this too much for a Pre-Med freshman?

Beginning of 1st semester: just focus on studying. See what works and doesn't work, and set up a foundation for the rest of your college career. After a couple of midterms, if you're doing well and have a solid base of study habits/ good schedule, then start looking for ECs

Reactions: 1 user
Beginning of 1st semester: just focus on studying. See what works and doesn't work, and set up a foundation for the rest of your college career. After a couple of midterms, if you're doing well and have a solid base of study habits/ good schedule, then start looking for ECs

Oh lord, what am I going to do with you?