opinion on hampton, xavier and howard

Started by guytim
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

guytim

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My friend will be applying to Hampton, Xavier and Howard (yea...I know they aren't doing so well now) this coming cycle. What are your opinions regarding these schools? He says that these schools are geared toward minority students - is there any truth to this? I told him about Howard's probabtion status but he still wants to apply - can you guys give me any advice for pro/con of applying to howard?

thanks
 
guytim said:
My friend will be applying to Hampton, Xavier and Howard (yea...I know they aren't doing so well now) this coming cycle. What are your opinions regarding these schools? He says that these schools are geared toward minority students - is there any truth to this? I told him about Howard's probabtion status but he still wants to apply - can you guys give me any advice for pro/con of applying to howard?

thanks

Are you talking about Xavier of New Orleans?
I posted information on Xavier earlier. Try doing a search.

Basic summary. They accept their students first and receive 1500 applications on average a year.

For the number of people who got accepted this coming; 1500 applied and i believe only 12 or 15 non-Xavier students were accepted.