opinion on LORS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HurricaneAlana

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so far I have : 1 anatomy/physio (Bio) 1 bio/academic adviser, 1 CIS professor who knows me better than the others, and 1 dentist... I plan on getting one from my physics professor during summer I... so that would total 5 LORs.. I'm having all of them saved in my schools credentials service, since i'm not banking on getting in this year... is it bad to send 5 LORS to each school? and if I have them sent directly, do the professors need to send any additional information to match up my LORS to the rest of my app? they will be sent with a copy of my transcript since there's no way to not send both with this service...

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

this year aadsas is accepting only 4 lors max.

thanks! I understand that.. im trying to figure out if I can send them directly, without having to go through aadsas.. and if so, should I just send all 5 to each school, or should I just send the required ones to each school? My other option would be to send 4 through AADSAS and send 1 (probably physics since only 1 or 2 schools require a non-bio science) to the schools individually.. and if I were do to it, would it be beneficial for me to send that one to all of them, or hurtful...

thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
hummm..these are very good questions...I didn't know we had to or could :idea: send LORs independently from aadsas........

Most schools will allow you to send LORs directly to the schools. But for purposes of thoroughness, contact each school and ask if they allow it before you just do it.

An easier way could be to have the letters saved at your school's services thing, and ask that 4 of them be sent to AADSAS (the four most common ones that you will need at schools). Then, let AADSAS forward those ones out to the schools for you. At schools that require that fifth letter because of specific LOR requirements, send that letter to them separately.

What is this school "services's thing"????

its a credentials service, which stores your LORS, transcripts, resume, etc.. i dont know that all schools have them...

i guess its time to start emailing the schools about this :)

this service they are talking about exists at SOME schools...as in, your undergrad schools.

Career services or Prehealth Offices at schools often offer some form of this. They may just keep your LORs in a file for you (thus allowing you to ask for several at different times and get them all stored in one place ready to go when you need them sent out). Others offer extended services like also helping you send out transcripts or doing mock interviews with students to prep you for real interviews, etc.