Opinions/advice regarding pet insurance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have whichever one is the middle level, so plus? I don’t remember what my deductible is but I know I have 90% reimbursement on both mine and my moms dogs

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I ended up getting the Elite level since it was only $0.80 more per month. I offset that slight extra cost by paying quarterly instead of monthly, and I will be saving a whopping $16 in processing fees each year, since I'll only pay $8 in processing fees instead of $24. For both cats, I got Elite coverage for a total of $40 a month through PetsBest for 90% reimbursement and a $250 deductible. Thank you all for your input and advice!

Reactions: 3 users
I know this is an old thread that I am reviving, but I was wondering if you could share what company she went with? I'm looking to get insurance on my two cats, and from my research it definitely seems like there are way too many options and I am getting a bit overwhelmed.
My mom has full health from nationwide. So both wellness and injury/illness. From other stories, I wouldn't recommend only their injury/illness plans. Get the full shebang for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
My mom has full health from nationwide. So both wellness and injury/illness. From other stories, I wouldn't recommend only their injury/illness plans. Get the full shebang for sure.
It looks like (at least in my state) they weren’t offering the wellness plan with the whole pet plan anymore (which is the plan that shorty recommended). They only had major medical with a wellness plan (and the major medical plan has a set amount of how much they pay out for each illness/condition). I crunched the numbers and none of wellness plans offered by the other major companies were worth it.

I read a social media post that they (Nationwide) aren’t offering whole pet plus wellness anymore period. Which sucks for owners but I am sure they weren’t profitable enough for Nationwide. I checked in a couple states and it seems to be true.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I read a social media post that they (Nationwide) aren’t offering whole pet plus wellness anymore period. Which sucks for owners but I am sure they weren’t profitable enough for Nationwide. I checked in a couple states and it seems to be true.
But, but, this was what I was planning on getting for all my future pets. I has a sad now.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
My grandma has this plan. I'm not surprised. They must lose a boat loaf of money off that.

• Care
So I read some more comparisions and reviews online, and it appears that (at least at one point in time) Healthy Paws moves pets to a $500 deductible, 70% covered policy once they turn 8 years old. They also supposedly do not cover exam fees for illness and injury exams, which I am also not a fan of.

For those of you who have PetsBest (@WildZoo @SkiOtter @Caiter92), which plan (Essential, Plus, or Elite) are you on?

The Plus covers exam fees, so I would like to have that coverage at a bare minimum. For the Elite coverage, it covers "Rehabilitative, Acupuncture & Chiropractic Coverage" for ~$1 more than the Plus coverage. Are those benefits worth it? I've never done those services for an animal before, so I am not sure how much I would use those additional benefits.
I have elite as well. I would definitely do rehab and acupuncture with my pets, so I felt it was worth it for the extra. Rehab is awesome after any sort of ortho or neuro surgery and injury. I feel like I will definitely end up needing to use it for my dog at some point. She is very accident prone already and is only 7 months :laugh:

I ended up getting the Elite level since it was only $0.80 more per month. I offset that slight extra cost by paying quarterly instead of monthly, and I will be saving a whopping $16 in processing fees each year, since I'll only pay $8 in processing fees instead of $24. For both cats, I got Elite coverage for a total of $40 a month through PetsBest for 90% reimbursement and a $250 deductible. Thank you all for your input and advice!
whoops, missed you'd already bought your plan :laugh: I have the same deductible for my guys as well.