opinions of umich

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AppleseedCast

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any neg or pos things to say about the school? I am considering adding it to my list. I've also heard they do an auto invite for certain numbers. Does anyone know the specifics of this?

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard it is a great school... I'm applying there. The automatic invite cutoff is supposed to be a 3.8 GPA AND a 38+ MCAT AND a "top tier" undergraduate college. Note that you need to fit all three critieria. (Some people suspect slightly lower MCAT cutoffs... maybe 36. Also, in-state cutoffs are lower.) Automatic interviews are only 15% of the total interview requests.

Great school and Ann Arbor is a nice city. My only advice is if you get an interview there, schedule it as soon as you have the invitation in your hand, interview slots fill up very fast.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know what the cutoffs for auto invite are?

Your numbers are good enough. The MCAT cutoff obviously isn't 38 since I got an auto invite with a lesser score. I'd guess 3.8/36-37ish for out of staters. The question is if your undergrad is good enough.

I'm currently at UMich for undergrad. Great school, great hospital. Ann Arbor is nice, too.

i heard the cutoff was GPAx10+MCAT>=72 or so. maybe it was 73. it's roughly a 3.8 and a 35 or something like that for the auto invite. send in the primary. you'll see if you're a big winner before you submit the secondary.

ann arbor is so-so... great selection of bars, but being surrounded by undergrads everywhere you go can get irritating. The school itself is probably best in the midwest though.

ps... the football team sucks.

Your numbers are good enough. The MCAT cutoff obviously isn't 38 since I got an auto invite with a lesser score. I'd guess 3.8/36-37ish for out of staters. The question is if your undergrad is good enough.

haha i'd like to see how they developed the criteria for a "good school"

Obviously a great school and it is in a fun college town. The educational opportunities there seem endless. The UM students I met seemed pretty nice, but I didn't like the dynamic of my interview group. It was the only school on my list where interviewing students seemed a little on the arrogant side. It just wasn’t the place for me. But you won’t be able to tell until you spend some time there, so definitely apply.