Opinions on Ohio State, UVA, Stony brook, Michigan, Penn state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MysticHealer

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen many opinions on. Please comment on them on my concerns, I'm also intrested in Child psychiatry as a fellowship, please.
1) Ohio State: -:Not strong in the system there and overall compitiveness as a academic department,+: but great area, nice people and residents
2)University of Virginia: - too Homogenous pop?, Risk of Child education center of closing?
3)SUNY Stony Brook: Adolecent unit only no child,

4)Michigan State: Met only 2 residents on day, seems very light and perhaspe lacking on itnerview day
5) Penn State: Not a great reputation, but nice, and some research

Members don't see this ad.

Stonybrook has a nice mix of diverse cases (ethnic, economic-you treat an entire county), several different clinical opportunities (e.g. an eating disorder inpatient unit if I remember correctly) and it has research opportunities. The research is not the highest end, but it's very respectable.

Penn state:
Positive: The medical center was nice. People were nice,CPEP, Child fellowship, Cost of living, Very involved vice chair, variety of research
neg: Multi site have to drive and adapt from paere to computer orders