Opinions on PRITE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychninja

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My residency places a lot of immportance on the PRITE exam. I know that this year, it under went some major changes... However, do you all feel that the PRITE: 1) accurately measures necessary psychiatric knowledge, and 2) covers the same material as the Psychiatry Board and is a good benchmark for Board Exam?

Members don't see this ad.

My residency places a lot of immportance on the PRITE exam. I know that this year, it under went some major changes... However, do you all feel that the PRITE: 1) accurately measures necessary psychiatric knowledge, and 2) covers the same material as the Psychiatry Board and is a good benchmark for Board Exam?

1) not very well

2) not very well(but the psych board is very easy as well)

I absolutely destroyed the prite, but I don't think that means I have some awesome knowledge base. Not to say I don't of course, but I wouldn't base such a thing on the prite:)

1) Who's determining what is "necessary psychiatric knowledge"? The trend seems to be that the PRITE is taken most seriously at places most fond of standardized tests in general. Other places don't care at all. And there's no correlation with this and quality of program.

2) It's as close to the material for the Board Exam as you'll find and is available. That said, I haven't heard anyone whose taken the Board Exam that would recommend using PRITE much as a study tool. There are too many materials designed specifically for the Board Exam.