Opinions on Toledo and Eastern Virginia?

Started by Llenroc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Llenroc

Bandidos Motorcycle Club
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you guys think of the programs in Toledo and Eastern Virginia, in terms of competetiveness, quality of training, work hours, etc?
 
eastern virginia- middle of the road competitiveness,
poor didactics, good opportunity for procedures, and may see pain fellowship in the near future. curriculum is heavy on pediatric side, work hours on light side (although I dont think you'll be worked to death in any PM&R program).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
eastern virginia- middle of the road competitiveness,
poor didactics, good opportunity for procedures, and may see pain fellowship in the near future. curriculum is heavy on pediatric side, work hours on light side (although I dont think you'll be worked to death in any PM&R program).

Can you elaborate on why you feel this way?

1. Dead on roadside in competitiveness
2. Procedurs were watched as residents- they were being done by a "weekend warrior" and not by an attending in the department nor by a fellowship trained pain physician
3. There was a didactic?

Better off doing anything else anywhere else.
 
lobelsteve-
you must be alumni?

I interviewed there, and have a friend there now. As I said-poor didactics. There is a new interventional pain attending Dr. Antonio Quidgley, and the word is they will be applying for ability to host an interventional pain fellowship?!

as far as competitiveness- honestly, who knows? its all relative I suppose.

The resident feedback was a real mixed bag! (which usually isnt a good sign)

Perhaps its on the up and up?!
 
lobelsteve-
you must be alumni?

I interviewed there, and have a friend there now. As I said-poor didactics. There is a new interventional pain attending Dr. Antonio Quidgley, and the word is they will be applying for ability to host an interventional pain fellowship?!

as far as competitiveness- honestly, who knows? its all relative I suppose.

The resident feedback was a real mixed bag! (which usually isnt a good sign)

Perhaps its on the up and up?!

It would be a huge mistake to attend that residency and think you could come out and function as anything more than a glorified PT. The program needs an entire staff replacement, including more stability on the GME side of campus. I'd think FP before PM&R at EVMS.