• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

Llenroc

Bandidos Motorcycle Club
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2004
Status (Visible)
What do you guys think of the programs in Toledo and Eastern Virginia, in terms of competetiveness, quality of training, work hours, etc?

medicineman1

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
eastern virginia- middle of the road competitiveness,
poor didactics, good opportunity for procedures, and may see pain fellowship in the near future. curriculum is heavy on pediatric side, work hours on light side (although I dont think you'll be worked to death in any PM&R program).

About the Ads

lobelsteve

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
May 30, 2005
Canton GA
www.stevenlobel.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
eastern virginia- middle of the road competitiveness,
poor didactics, good opportunity for procedures, and may see pain fellowship in the near future. curriculum is heavy on pediatric side, work hours on light side (although I dont think you'll be worked to death in any PM&R program).

Can you elaborate on why you feel this way?

1. Dead on roadside in competitiveness
2. Procedurs were watched as residents- they were being done by a "weekend warrior" and not by an attending in the department nor by a fellowship trained pain physician
3. There was a didactic?

Better off doing anything else anywhere else.

medicineman1

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
lobelsteve-
you must be alumni?

I interviewed there, and have a friend there now. As I said-poor didactics. There is a new interventional pain attending Dr. Antonio Quidgley, and the word is they will be applying for ability to host an interventional pain fellowship?!

as far as competitiveness- honestly, who knows? its all relative I suppose.

The resident feedback was a real mixed bag! (which usually isnt a good sign)

Perhaps its on the up and up?!

lobelsteve

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
May 30, 2005
Canton GA
www.stevenlobel.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
lobelsteve-
you must be alumni?

I interviewed there, and have a friend there now. As I said-poor didactics. There is a new interventional pain attending Dr. Antonio Quidgley, and the word is they will be applying for ability to host an interventional pain fellowship?!

as far as competitiveness- honestly, who knows? its all relative I suppose.

The resident feedback was a real mixed bag! (which usually isnt a good sign)

Perhaps its on the up and up?!

It would be a huge mistake to attend that residency and think you could come out and function as anything more than a glorified PT. The program needs an entire staff replacement, including more stability on the GME side of campus. I'd think FP before PM&R at EVMS.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.