Opinions on Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perzian

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

What are people's opinions on Tulane? They are interviewing at Baylor because hotel reservations and flights in New Orleans are hectic right now.

They hope to be rebuilt by early 2006.... but I don't know if that will happen?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My opinion is that they shouldn't have offered only three interview days and then cut one of them for 6 positions, making me currently unable to interview there.

Not that I'm annoyed or anything...

I won't be attending their interview. I don't want to bank my education on their program being rebuilt. However, I had heard it was an awesome program, so if it is back up in 2006 then I guess I will be the one missing out. If you can fit it into your schedule without missing another interview than I would go, unfortunately that is not the case for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ophtho24 said:
I won't be attending their interview. I don't want to bank my education on their program being rebuilt. However, I had heard it was an awesome program, so if it is back up in 2006 then I guess I will be the one missing out. If you can fit it into your schedule without missing another interview than I would go, unfortunately that is not the case for me.

I concur. They had a good reputation, but who knows how they will be now.

I interviewed there last year - seemed like they were on the rocks. Aren't they on probation?

golgi said:
I interviewed there last year - seemed like they were on the rocks. Aren't they on probation?
They are on probation. However, they are better than some programs which are not on probation.

Did they fire a resident a while back and now have 1 resident short at the PGY-4 level???

Visioncam said:
They are on probation. However, they are better than some programs which are not on probation.

Did they fire a resident a while back and now have 1 resident short at the PGY-4 level???

Yeah, I heard that rumor too, along with another rumor about them being very malignant. Although I can't say I know for sure. One guy I used to know is actually supposed to be a PGY-2 there this year, so maybe I'll send him an email and see what's actually happening over there.

I looked on their website and on SF match news and I did not see that they were on probation. Does anybody know where else to look for this info?