Opinions Please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teebow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I have a 4 year degree with GPA 3.45 my dats are 18/19/19 (Sci/Avg/PAT)
I applied to BU , they recieved all my documents late september/early october. They still havn't called me for an interview.

The issue is that I have two more prerequisite courses to take next semester. I dont know if there is any hope really,,, and I am considering dropping those courses. Im thinking I can do other things instead and save some money.

what do you guys think do I stand a chance or should I forget about it and drop the courses?

Members don't see this ad.

even if you get accepted- BU or anywhere else-, you still have to finish those pre-reqs and must submit updated transcripts showing this before dental school starts...i would go ahead and take them...did you only apply to BU? that's mighty bold applying to just one school..........

Members don't see this ad :)
You said you have a 3.45 GPA..but what's your degree in? what's your science GPA? BCP?

Is your heart really set on dentistry or what? Why give up so easily. You should definitely be applying to more than one school though.

You really should have applied to more than 1 school. Both AADSAS and ADA let you assign the first 5 schools at a flat rate so you should really take advantage of that.

You really should have applied to more than 1 school. Both AADSAS and ADA let you assign the first 5 schools at a flat rate so you should really take advantage of that.

ADA does for the DAT, but AADSAS definitely does not... at least not this cycle.

AADSAS Processing Fee Table
Number of Schools Fee
1 $195
2 $255
3 $315
4 $375
5 $435
etc...

yeah, definitely finish up those pre-reqs, and send out your app to more schools. keep your head in the game, unless you're not into dentistry. then get out now, while you still can!

Hey these guys are giving you great advice.

Also heed this warning, you might be set on BU but there are plenty of schools out there. Did you do all your research on the school? Cost? Cost of living? Right environment?

ADA does for the DAT, but AADSAS definitely does not... at least not this cycle.

AADSAS Processing Fee Table
Number of Schools Fee
1 $195
2 $255
3 $315
4 $375
5 $435
etc...

so on top of the per school processing fee that you pay to AADSAS you also have to pay for each schools admissions fee correct?

so on top of the per school processing fee that you pay to AADSAS you also have to pay for each schools admissions fee correct?

Yeah, that's right. oooohhh, I just remembered how much money I spent on applying to dental school. so... much....

thanks for the advice guys,, I actually applied to BU and NYU I figured they were the easiest to get into.

right now I am not sure what to do, I am an engineer so sometimes I think forget about dentistry let me focus on my career but then every time I come into a forum like this or remember wanting to get into dental school I am remotivated. I guess my problem is that my back isnt against the wall (I have an alternative profession) and most of all I am not as driven as most of you guys are.
I commend you guys on your determination.
Ill think about this some more and then decide
goodluck to you guys

thanks for the advice guys,, I actually applied to BU and NYU I figured they were the easiest to get into.

right now I am not sure what to do, I am an engineer so sometimes I think forget about dentistry let me focus on my career but then every time I come into a forum like this or remember wanting to get into dental school I am remotivated. I guess my problem is that my back isnt against the wall (I have an alternative profession) and most of all I am not as driven as most of you guys are.
I commend you guys on your determination.
Ill think about this some more and then decide
goodluck to you guys

i wouldn't say BU/NYU are the easiest to get into.....
if you like engineering, stick with it. there is def. a dose of determination (and loan acquisition!) to get through d-school. if you're down for that, go for dentistry. either way, we're all winners here. now you know, and knowing is half the battle GIJOEEEEEEE:laugh: