Opinions-Which specialty has the most variety?

Started by Deecee2DO
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Neurosurgery: consulted on a devastating hemorrhage this AM and comforted a family at the end of life...then saw a patient who would need a carpal tunnel surgery in clinic. Then saw an MVA in the ER that’s going to need a cervical fusion tomorrow. Saw a meningioma that will get a repeat MRI in a couple months. Saw a patient with leg pain with a huge disc herniation that we took out today. All in one day’s work. So much variety in this field.

I agree with this. If I didn’t care about my family and aren’t limited by my physical injuries, I would have gone into neurosurgery.
 
Awesome! Thanks for responding. Interesting to see that you still are interested in GI now!
 
Last edited: