Oppose HB 283

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LA98

Reaction score
Dear Colleagues,

Yesterday evening, HB 283 by Rep. Crews was passed out of the House Committee on Insurance by a vote of 8-3. Next, this highly concerning measure will be voted on by the entire House of Representatives. We anticipate this may happen very soon, as the legislative session is expected to end on June 1. Therefore, we need your help to DEFEAT this bill by immediately contacting your state representatives and urging them to vote NO on HB 283.

As you know, we are strongly opposed to HB 283, which will dramatically change the commercial insurance rates for anesthesiology services. It does not matter if you are employed, contracted, or an independent physician. It does not matter if you are in-network or out-of-network. It does not matter if you are a physician resident or in your last year of practice, HB 283 will have a very negative impact on the practice of anesthesiology in Louisiana. HB 283 inappropriately gives all the negotiating power to the insurance companies, forcing physicians to negotiate with hospitals to make up the difference.

I implore you to immediately contact your state representatives and urge them to VOTE NO on HB 283. This poorly drafted bill is not fair to physicians or hospitals and gives an unfair advantage to insurance companies, some of the most profitable businesses in the world. Please contact your state representatives NOW.

Link:

Members don't see this ad.

Dear Colleagues,

Yesterday evening, HB 283 by Rep. Crews was passed out of the House Committee on Insurance by a vote of 8-3. Next, this highly concerning measure will be voted on by the entire House of Representatives. We anticipate this may happen very soon, as the legislative session is expected to end on June 1. Therefore, we need your help to DEFEAT this bill by immediately contacting your state representatives and urging them to vote NO on HB 283.

As you know, we are strongly opposed to HB 283, which will dramatically change the commercial insurance rates for anesthesiology services. It does not matter if you are employed, contracted, or an independent physician. It does not matter if you are in-network or out-of-network. It does not matter if you are a physician resident or in your last year of practice, HB 283 will have a very negative impact on the practice of anesthesiology in Louisiana. HB 283 inappropriately gives all the negotiating power to the insurance companies, forcing physicians to negotiate with hospitals to make up the difference.

I implore you to immediately contact your state representatives and urge them to VOTE NO on HB 283. This poorly drafted bill is not fair to physicians or hospitals and gives an unfair advantage to insurance companies, some of the most profitable businesses in the world. Please contact your state representatives NOW.

Link:

Just sent mine off.

I’m not in Anesthesia but this is something all docs should be concerned with.

My understanding is that State Legislators take a dim view of people who are out of state commenting on local state issues. Probably a wise screen on the website.

Reactions: 1 user