Opt School Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DecadoSlade

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All,

I recently got accepted to ICO and I am a little concerned about my knowledge at this point. I really don't know much about optometry education, even basic level and was wondering if I should do some prep ahead of time? I don't want to be behind most students before even starting the program.

Any advice from current students and grads?
 
You'll be fine. Enjoy your summer

I personally was clueless even going in to my 2nd year, but then that's when you start gaining perspective. Knowledge base is nothing without perspective. I ended up graduating with honors, being a finalist in quiz bowl, and am a rockstar optom, so if a dummy like me can do it, anyone can.