opt schools that confer a BA with the DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nampa1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which schools offer a BA (usually in optics) to incoming first years, in addition to the OD?
How competitive would a student with just the prereqs be, even with good grades, OAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Which schools offer a BA (usually in optics) to incoming first years, in addition to the OD?
How competitive would a student with just the prereqs be, even with good grades, OAT?

The only ones that offer a bachelors in vision science are those that will accept students without a degree. The ones I know of off the top of my head; ICO, SCCO.

No point is letting a useless bachelors influence your decision... there is absolutely nothing it will give you besides having something to hang on the wall.

Students will decent grades will be competitive with with only three years, it's not a big deal at all.

The only ones that offer a bachelors in vision science are those that will accept students without a degree. The ones I know of off the top of my head; ICO, SCCO.

Not true, at Nova and a PCO you get a bachelors degree (b.s. in vision science at Nova) regardless of whether or not you have received a degree prior to matriculation, I'd bet that other schools would offer the same--not that it really matters.

you get a BA at pen optometry even if you already had one matriculating in? Are there any strings attached?