VincentAdultman

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2005
New York
Status
Attending Physician
For those who took step 2, did you come accross any opthamology questions? I've tried to tackle a few on qbank and I came away with....

1. A Wood's lamp will show a linear pattern with abrasions and a dedritic pattern with herpes infections
2. Increased cup to disc ratio = chronic glaucoma
3. Eyeballs are gross

So obviously I'm thinking the less eye questions = the better!

DHMO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2004
Status
Pompacil said:
For those who took step 2, did you come accross any opthamology questions? I've tried to tackle a few on qbank and I came away with....

1. A Wood's lamp will show a linear pattern with abrasions and a dedritic pattern with herpes infections
2. Increased cup to disc ratio = chronic glaucoma
3. Eyeballs are gross

So obviously I'm thinking the less eye questions = the better!
I had several ophtho questions on step 2, but I think it was overrepresented on usmleworld (can't tell you anything about Kaplan).

BadVB750

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2002
America
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
I had several ophtho questions on step 2, but I think it was overrepresented on usmleworld
Thank god, I am so tired of seeing ophtho question on uslmeworld :mad: . I was starting think I should have done an ophtho elective, since every usmleworld test has atleast two questions on the eyeball.

OP
VincentAdultman

VincentAdultman

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2005
New York
Status
Attending Physician
DHMO said:
I had several ophtho questions on step 2, but I think it was overrepresented on usmleworld (can't tell you anything about Kaplan).
I find pterygiums especially disconcerting.

sponch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2002
Palo Alto, CA
Status
Everything you need to know is in secrets or B&W. Actually on UW, they test the same thing over and over. How to differentiate between two similarly presenting conditions, e.g., amaurosis fugax vs. central retinal artery occlusion...If you know enough to differentiate, you should be fine... on my exam, I had a question about amaurosis. That was it.