Options for Post-Bacc or Masters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ineedaboosta

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a recently graduated pre-dent with a bachelor's in Earth System Science now pursuing the dental dream. I have taken most of the pre-requisites, with only general bio lab, chem 1, and a semester of physics lab (due to failing the first time) left. However, the rest of the pre-requisites I have completed I've been getting Bs/Cs. My cum GPA is still around a 3.4, though. With that said, would it be more worthwhile for me to apply to a post-bacc program or a master's program? A post-bacc program would give me the chance to knock out all of my pre-reqs, while improving on the courses I didn't do so well on. A master's program would allow me to take upper div science courses I would expect to see in dental school, but I think would still leave me with the pre-requisites unfinished? Or should I just skip it all and apply straight to DS this coming cycle? Thank you all for your input!! I've been stressing about this every night literally hahah

Members don't see this ad.

Finish your prereqs with a post bacc then apply to a masters, some masters program require the same pre-reqs as dental school anyway so.... yeah.

Hi, I'm a recently graduated pre-dent with a bachelor's in Earth System Science now pursuing the dental dream. I have taken most of the pre-requisites, with only general bio lab, chem 1, and a semester of physics lab (due to failing the first time) left. However, the rest of the pre-requisites I have completed I've been getting Bs/Cs. My cum GPA is still around a 3.4, though. With that said, would it be more worthwhile for me to apply to a post-bacc program or a master's program? A post-bacc program would give me the chance to knock out all of my pre-reqs, while improving on the courses I didn't do so well on. A master's program would allow me to take upper div science courses I would expect to see in dental school, but I think would still leave me with the pre-requisites unfinished? Or should I just skip it all and apply straight to DS this coming cycle? Thank you all for your input!! I've been stressing about this every night literally hahah

Most schools won't take you into an MS without the prereqs and even if you did, you're gonna struggle mightily and destroy your chances entirely.