Options if I don't Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cgk

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can those that have not matched in past describe what they did to improve future chances of matching. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You can find answers and experiences from other posters from similar threads to this: Cardiology fellowship application 2020-2021

In general, some people take a year to work as a hospitalist whether that is internal medicine or cardiac/CCU. Others do a non-ACGME accredited cardiology-related fellowship like imaging or advanced heart failure. Some do research.

What do you think is best to do ? I see cedar Sinai has a women’s cardiology fellowship (non accredited ) are options like that good ?

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you think is best to do ? I see cedar Sinai has a women’s cardiology fellowship (non accredited ) are options like that good ?
Yes, some people have matched into cardiology from that program specifically. If I were you, I would ask them during the interview/application process their success rates or what graduates do after completing that fellowship.

If you have no options, better to do a hospitalist year and do research