OPTO Schools In Europe?

Started by Canadian26
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Canadian26

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got conditional acceptance a couple days ago to Aston Uni in England... anyone know what the difference is? And if we can still come back to NA and practice? I just applied randomly to this school a while ago, so Im kinda suprised to hear from them...
 
England is soo expensive 🙁 but a cool place!

yeah sorry i didn't answer your question at all. 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got conditional acceptance a couple days ago to Aston Uni in England... anyone know what the difference is? And if we can still come back to NA and practice? I just applied randomly to this school a while ago, so Im kinda suprised to hear from them...

You can practice in Canada if you pass the CSAO (but may also have to do the bridging program at UW). However, its less clear whether you would be able to practice in the US. Some states explicity state in their legislation that you must hold a "doctor of optometry" degree.
 
I just got conditional acceptance a couple days ago to Aston Uni in England... anyone know what the difference is? And if we can still come back to NA and practice? I just applied randomly to this school a while ago, so Im kinda suprised to hear from them...

Check your PM =)
 
My mother is an OD who got her degree in Cardiff Whales, it actually depends on the province you want to practice in. You may have to do more schooling for some of the provinces, you should check it with the Provincial Association you hope to be a part of someday. Most have websites and contact information.
 
Thanks all! Much appreciated. I think im just going to stick to going directly to the states, and aviod any hassel!.