OptomCAS application recommendation letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dngk5119

OptMed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have submitted my application.

It says it wasn't mailed to any of the esignated schools yet;

Does the application need all the LOR to arrive in order to have it sent to the schools???

Members don't see this ad.

It takes some time for the letters to get to the schools. I don't know how long, but I'm sure it varies.

You don't have to send the letters in at once. It can be done one by one at different points in time within the cycle.

I have submitted my application.

It says it wasn't mailed to any of the esignated schools yet;

Does the application need all the LOR to arrive in order to have it sent to the schools???

Email their help email address to ask - they get back to you fairly quickly! I *think* they have to have all the LOR's. I know mine lagged a bit in getting in, even though I submitted my application already and my app didn't get mailed until later. Although they are working on calculating your GPA (took them about a week or week and a half for mine) and it definitely doesn't get sent out until that is finished. After that finished, it was maybe a day or two later when it was mailed out, but all my LOR's were also in by then.

I had to really pester my letter writers toward the end. Some of them had had the info for a couple months and still not written it. As soon as I started dropping by their office just to check nicely or emailing them to make sure they had the appropriate links, the letters got written :)