optomcas application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jstyt7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!
for people who have been through applying process, when do you recommend finishing and submitting OptomCAS application ?? I am waiting for the letter of recommendations and I will take OAT Aug 20 so have to wait a little after for the grades. I think I have the option to not submit letter of recommendation nor OAT grades and maybe just send them directly to school.. but would that be ok ?? or is it better to just wait and have everything together at once?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard not submitting all of the LORs is okay, but you should at least have the OAT taken before you submit! That's what I'll be doing since I'll be done with the OAT before I have the LORs done. :) But if you can have all of them done, that's even better.

Submit as soon as possible. You don't need to have a oat score to submit. You can put on the date you will take the test. Also, finish all the supplemental application and pay for them. After you take the oat, scan your unofficial score and send to schools. A lot of people was given interviews before oat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submit as soon as possible. You don't need to have a oat score to submit. You can put on the date you will take the test. Also, finish all the supplemental application and pay for them. After you take the oat, scan your unofficial score and send to schools. A lot of people was given interviews before oat.
I dont have my LOR even w/out LOR people get interviews??

Las
I dont have my LOR even w/out LOR people get interviews??
Last year I submitted mine without lor. Of course I did put the name and email of those who would write me one but they did not finish by the time I submit and pay. I took mine oat two months later so my lor were in by that time too. You can submit any time so the sooner you do it, the sooner the school know you.

Las

Last year I submitted mine without lor. Of course I did put the name and email of those who would write me one but they did not finish by the time I submit and pay. I took mine oat two months later so my lor were in by that time too. You can submit any time so the sooner you do it, the sooner the school know you.

Thank you so much!! do you know if summer between freshmen and sophomore year counts as freshmen or sophomore??