OptomCAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

traveljunky

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I know there was a significant delay last cycle and when I called OptomCAS they said that GPA's should be claculated about a week after they recive your transcript..

For those of you appliying this cycle- has anyone had their GPA's calculated by OptomCAS yet?

Thankx! :)

Members don't see this ad.

My transcript was sent from the registrar's office on July 19 but it hasn't been received as of yet. I'm from Toronto, Canada by the way. When did you send your transcript in?

I sent mine on July 20th and it was revied on July 26.

I know I should give it more time, but I was wondering about the status of other applicants applying this cycle.

Ive read that sending the application in as early as possible is benefitial and I dont want to waste time on processing delays.

Members don't see this ad :)
sent mine in from 1 school in Ontario and 1 school in alberta on July 16th. The ontario one was received today.

Question - were we supposed to have our OPTOMCAS ID# included when we had our transcripts sent in? I didn't see a spot to enter it when requesting to have my transcripts from my university sent so i didn't..

And for canadian students applying to schools requiring HS transcripts, do we get OUAC to send in our HS transcripts? Apparently my HS only keeps transcripts for 5 years after graduation, and it has been over 5 years for me... not sure what to do.

Last edited:
sent mine in from 1 school in Ontario and 1 school in alberta on July 16th. The ontario one was received today.

Question - were we supposed to have our OPTOMCAS ID# included when we had our transcripts sent in? I didn't see a spot to enter it when requesting to have my transcripts from my university sent so i didn't..

And for canadian students applying to schools requiring HS transcripts, do we get OUAC to send in our HS transcripts? Apparently my HS only keeps transcripts for 5 years after graduation, and it has been over 5 years for me... not sure what to do.

Next to the individual schools I attended, there was a button that prints a transcript request form. It had my optomcas ID number, and it had instructions to sent that with my official transcript from my undergrad school to optomcas..

I dont know if that helps answer your question though..

my transcript was sent last wednesday, so im hoping they get it soon

I e-submitted my application on the 7th (I was waiting for all my materials to get in before I submitted). How long after submitting does OptomCAS calculate GPAs?

Hey Guys,

I had my transcripts sent to OptomCAS around July 9th and they were received on July 19th and processed on Aug. 4. So it does take a while.
Good Luck!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to update you all so you get a good time frame for OptomCAS processing... sent my app in on aug 7th, just got verified and GPAs calculated today, the 18th. so about a week and a half.

Do you guys sent college transcripts to OptomCAS only? Do we ever send college transcripts to each school we apply?
OptomCAS states that "You are encouraged to request a second official transcript to be sent to yourself, which you may need to forward to the school to which you will matriculate". Can someone please explain?Thanks.

yes you have to send another transcript to the school that u are accepted to and decide to go to

Hey guys, any canadians here?
I submitted my transcript to OptomCAS late june, was received July 4th, but still no GPA calculations. I read somewhere that they won't calculate GPA for canadian students because of the discrepancies in grading. Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks!

Hey guys, any canadians here?
I submitted my transcript to OptomCAS late june, was received July 4th, but still no GPA calculations. I read somewhere that they won't calculate GPA for canadian students because of the discrepancies in grading. Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks!

OptomCAS doesn't calculate GPAs unless you 'e-submit' your application. If you went to a university that didn't use GPAs and do the conversions properly there shouldnt be any problems. After I e-submitted my app the GPAs were verified in 5 days.
P.S. I'm from Canada :)

OptomCAS doesn't calculate GPAs unless you 'e-submit' your application. If you went to a university that didn't use GPAs and do the conversions properly there shouldnt be any problems. After I e-submitted my app the GPAs were verified in 5 days.
P.S. I'm from Canada :)

Awesome, thanks!!