Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

OPTOMCAS "Awaiting Materials"

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by chelle111, Aug 4, 2015.

1. chelle111

2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    I had submitted my application back in mid July and it's still on the awaiting materials section. OPTOMCAS has said they've received all three of my transcripts on my dashboard... however only one shows up on my program status as received ?? Is this normal ?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. RebeccaK

Pre-Optometry
    Hi! I was having a similar problem and called OptomCAS today to see what the issue was. They said they would take care of it and have it posted within 2 to 3 business days. I think your best bet would be to call... Just make sure you have some time because I was on hold for a half hour. Hope that helps and you get things cleared up :)

SunA21 and chelle111 like this.
  4. tilinfinity

2+ Year Member

Hey there! This happened to me as well and it's so frustrating! I emailed them 2 weeks ago about this and barely heard back yesterday. They told me they need to manually look for the transcripts. Hopefully it won't delay the application that much longer since I submit mine in early/mid July too.

5. chelle111

2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    Hey! So I called OPTOMCAS yesterday and they put in a request to attach those transcripts to my file.

6. chelle111

2+ Year Member

Optometry Student

Thank you! And you're right I was on hold for that long! Did they fix the issue for you after 2-3 business days?

7. RebeccaK

Pre-Optometry
    Today is the second day and I still haven't made any progress unfortunately...

8. Pari Kavya

Pre-Optometry
    Did anyone have their GPA calculation completed on OPTOMCas..I received an email a week ago that my GPA would be calculated now that everything is verified..but still nothing showing up in that section????

9. Pari Kavya

Pre-Optometry
    Also...has anyone here applied to or is applying to SUNY optometry ??????

10. chelle111

2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    Same .. Augh... Except I just received another email about 1 of the 2 that weren't posted before just now being posted.. I guess that's some progress

11. chelle111

2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    We are having issues with the awaiting materials section lol if we could only get to the verification step.

12. RebeccaK

Pre-Optometry
    Hey! Just thought I would let you know that if it hasn't been taken care of within 3 to 4 days keep calling. I finally got in contact with someone who actually went above and beyond to help me today and my transcript was posted within two hours of my phone call!

chelle111 likes this.
  13. chelle111

2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    Thanks! I called again today (1 of the 2 was posted last week.. still waiting on 1) .. so I am going to see what happens and call again Wednesday.

14. RebeccaK

Pre-Optometry
    Oh good! I hope that they take care of it for you soon! Good Luck!

15. chelle111

2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    Finally got a helpful person and it's posted! Thanks for your help!!

16. myopiastigmatism78787

Who was your helpful person? I've called three times, gotten the same person, and he hasn't been helpful at all! He just says he "notified" the manager.... what does that even mean??? u g h

17. chelle111

2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    I got some lady the third time I called. I waited a few days in between each call when they told me I should try back at call again. The second time I called (somewhat yelled) one of my transcripts showed up green on the program materials... The third time I called, maybe a day later, my other transcript showed green and I went into verification. Maybe 3 days after that I was verified. I submitted 07/17 and with this issue, once resolved, was verified 08/14. PM if you have any questions I know your pain!!

Also, when I called I made sure to tell them that I had received emails of those transcripts that were processed and what date specifically I had received those emails... It took a bit of a fight to finally get them to show up on the program status as received.

18. myopiastigmatism78787

Ah thank you @chelle111 ! I'll let you know how it goes... fingers crossed!

chelle111 likes this.