optomcas essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ceely

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope this hasn't been discussed before, but does the 4500 character limit for the optomcas essay include spaces?

I'm way over the limit, but I can't find a way to cut it down!! Please tell me I'm not the only one with this problem!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't believe spaces ever count toward a character- or word-limit.

Members don't see this ad :)
When you go to submit the paper a word count is at the bottom and the character limit does include spaces. Good luck!

if you are using Microsoft word...why not just use the tool that tells you word and character count?? isn't that much easier? that will tell you if spaces are included or not.

I typed mine right into the application field and spaces did indeed count.

That is odd, I asked OptomCAS directly and they told me the 4500 characters does not include spaces.

My Microsoft Word character count tells me total characters with spaces, and total characters without so it wasn't very helpful in deciding.

It looks like maybe there was some miscommunication when I spoke to them on the phone. Now when I go to enter my essay it says "Characters include spaces, carriage returns, numbers, letters, etc."

I don't remember seeing that before. I guess that answers the question though :cool: