OptomCAS Experiences Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curioustina

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

So I have questions in regards to the Experiences section on OptomCAS. Basically, I have inputted my different work/volunteer experiences on the site, however I did not do it in chronological order so I was just wondering if this was an issue. I had a friend that applied last year and she mentioned that she did not put it in chronological order so she had to manually add everything again... but I just wasn't sure if they had changed it this year or not. So I just wanted to make sure - it isn't in issue, because I can add it again, but to be honest I wanted to focus on studying for OAT and personal statement...

As for my second question, if I first volunteered at a place and then after 3-4 months, they hired me, would I mark that as compensated or volunteer experience? or should I create two separate experiences (one labeled Volunteer and other compensated but they are both at same office?)

Please reply if anyone knows. Much appreciated!

Best of luck to those applying, hope to see you in the future!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the situation as you where I volunteered then got hired. I just posted it two times, one as volunteer and one as optometric experience

Hey did you ever figure out if it was necessary to input experiences in chronological order? Mine is slightly out of order. If it is necessary, is there an easier way to order it or do we have to manually reenter everything? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you first volunteered at a place, and then they hired you later, you would put two different experiences. You put the first few months as volunteer, then the rest as compensated.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey did you ever figure out if it was necessary to input experiences in chronological order? Mine is slightly out of order. If it is necessary, is there an easier way to order it or do we have to manually reenter everything? Thanks!
Yes, I got a response from OptomCAS and they said it was not necessary to put experiences in chronological order.

Reactions: 1 user