OptomCAS GPA calculation time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mshea413

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I sent OptomCAS my transcript around 4 weeks ago, they received it a week after that. How long does it usually take for them to calculate your GPA? I know it says it can take up to something like 5 weeks. Im really anxious for them to send my app to school.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

They received my transcripts a week after, too, but it took them about 5 weeks from the time they received my transcript till the time they finished calculating it. I think it could also depends on when you submit your primary application. My GPA was calculated a week after I submitted my primary applications. Good luck! I know waiting's no fun =/

Wow, I think you were right about it depending on when you submit your primary app. I submitted mine on Friday and my GPA was calculated on Saturday. I really didn't expect it to be calculated on a Saturday seeing as how it is not a work day.

Also realize that your application process isn't finished yet. After OptomCas sends everything to your desired schools, those schools will be sending you $50 supplemental applications that will potentially require a re-write of your transcripts, essays, and other information. It's a rip-off but just something that you must complete in order to be "totally" finished with your application process. One would assume that OptomCas, being a universal application process, would be good enough for each school. I guess the schools need some extra $$$ :mad:. Good luck.