optomcas grade entry/gpa calculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bovishadopt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up about optomcas and how they compute your grades-

Make sure you guys see if they matched your transcript grade correctly because I just went through mine and they changed 2 grades to a grade much lower...I just called and they apologized and fixed it. Just wanted to let ya'll know so your gpa actually reflects your transcripts correctly :)

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I started filling out my optomcas application today...and when I was submitting my grades, the CAS grade was being really strange? For example...if I typed in 85, the CAS grade would be an A and then it would change to a B. And high 70s were considered Cs? That doesn't seem right to me...certainly not how it works at my current school. Also, for one course an 82 was considered a B and for another course an 82 was considered an A. Do you think it's something wrong with the system? Seemed similar to your issue, just wondering what you think! Thanks :)

I started filling out my optomcas application today...and when I was submitting my grades, the CAS grade was being really strange? For example...if I typed in 85, the CAS grade would be an A and then it would change to a B. And high 70s were considered Cs? That doesn't seem right to me...certainly not how it works at my current school. Also, for one course an 82 was considered a B and for another course an 82 was considered an A. Do you think it's something wrong with the system? Seemed similar to your issue, just wondering what you think! Thanks :)

Optomcas only computes your GPA after you completed and pay the application fee. I think your issue is how optomcas is interpreting your numerical grades. If you have the numerical to letter conversion yourself, it's better to input that rather than the number since optomcas won't be aware of any curves. Once they receive your transcript and verify it your grades SHOULD be what they really are. I hope this helps!