OptomCAS HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asap123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I'm new to this forum. I have an important question regarding how to do the OptomCAS specifically on the Letters of Recommendation.

OptomCAS states: "The LOR requires completion of two parts, a rating of attributes (Part I) and a letter (PART II)."

For Part I, is that a checklist or survey that a teacher writing the recommendation letter is supposed to get from me?

I understand Part II because thats the letter itself.....

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you're having the recommendation filled out electronically (I suspect very few people opt for the paper method), you have to worry about nothing but submitting the person's name and e-mail address; the system will send him or her a link to a series of multiple-choice questions and a blank field in which to write the recommendation. You're not supposed to provide your recommender with any documents.

One of my references wanted to send it via snail mail, so I had to print it off for him and give him the information so he could mail it in himself. It is basically a checklist, and then they have a space to write their own comments about you. He filled that part out, wrote a separate letter and sent them both off. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Commando303 your awesome!
Lovelydisaster, same goes for you! :)

I actually wanted to send both via mail because some of my references will not be able to do it electronically :(

Is it possible to print out the checklist or somehow obtain it from OptomCAS?

If thats possible does anyone have the website? AND please dont say go to your prehealth advisor at your school!

Yeah, when you designate your LOR writers and say that they're doing snail mail, it will have something for you to print off with a barcode, assessment page and everything the writer will need in terms of directions.

And what website...optomcas website...? If you're asking about the link to the assessment online, that will be sent to your LOR writers when you designate them as long as you include an email address and specify as electronic submission. You are not given the link because...well, you're not supposed to be doing it. It's probably very similar if not exactly the same as the print out for snail mail letters. Just enter your LOR writers info and you will see.